- Materials Technology Specialist for Lord, Aeck & Sargent since 1992.
- Co-author of the first computerized knowledge-based automated specifications writing system for architects.
- Expert in historic and contemporary building systems and construction.
- Bachelor of Environmental Design, University of Kansas.
- Certified Construction Specifier.
- Member of the Association for Preservation Technology International and American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works.
- Former Peace Corps volunteer; active in serving and housing the homeless.
- Married and the father of two daughters.
- Part-time orchestra conductor, sailor, gardener, history student and occasional poet.
- Practicing architect since 1974.
- 2002 Recipient of the Construction Specification Institute’s Ben John Small Award.